Summer is fast approaching! But before you whip out your sunscreen, let’s talk about getting your home summer-ready. Here are five ways to make sure your abode is ready for the heat:
- Get Your AC Serviced: No one wants their AC unit to give up on life in the middle of July. Avoid that unfortunate scenario by having a professional service your AC unit. They’ll make sure to clean it up, and replace any parts that need help.
- Clean Your Gutters Grab a ladder, some gloves, and get ready to clean out all the leaves, twigs, and dirt that accumulated throughout the year. These blockages can cause water to overflow, leading to leaks and water damage. Your gutters will thank you, and your home will stay dry.
- Prepare Your Outdoor Space Summer is all about soaking up the sun, BBQs, and sipping drinks with friends in your outdoor space. But before you do any of that, give your patio furniture a good scrub down, wash those outdoor cushions, and fire up that grill. Nothing ruins a summer party like sitting on dirty chairs or biting into a burger that tastes like last year’s BBQ sauce.
- Seal Windows and Doors Cool air is a precious commodity during the summer months, and you don’t want it seeping out of your home due to pesky air leaks. Inspect your windows and doors for any air leaks and seal them with caulk or weatherstripping. This simple step will keep your home cooler and your energy bills lower. Win-win!
- Check Your Roof Summer storms can be unpredictable and severe. A leaky roof can cause significant damage to your home if water seeps in. Inspect your roof for any signs of damage or wear and tear, and get it repaired or replaced if necessary. Trust us; you don’t want to be scrambling for buckets during a downpour.
Preparing your home for summer can be a breeze with these simple tips. So, get your home summer-ready, grab a cold drink, and enjoy all the fun that the season has to offer.